Sunday, May 25, 2008

End of an era, last day at work, last week in Christchurch, and day 1! ... Phew

We'll it has been way crazy over the last few weeks.

End of an era:
I sold my wee Abu! my little Nissan Pulsar that i have had for 7 years, and it didnt crap out on me! i miss my car :(

Last week at work:
Was insane!! i cant believe how fast it went!! didnt quite get everythng done i wanted but i suppose that was to be expected!!!

My last day was nice, the Support team went out for lunch at Red Jacks in Poplar lane, which just happened to be when the Crusaders were thare having lunch!! My team leader, Trac got Richie to come over to say bye, that was awesome!!! Photos to come...

It was really sad to say goodbye to evryone at the council. i will miss everyone *sniff* just not the place...silly councilors and sideshow bob :)

Last week in Christchurch:
was insane!! caught up with a few people and packed my gear, sorted my ipod (took longer than expected...) packed all my room... almost all, sorry mum :)

Day 1:
was seen off at the airport by mum, dad, francie and Dani (thanks for the card btw :) ).

the flight was not too bad, a little bumpy in places and the landing was a bit skew wiff, but otherwise not too bad. felt a bit lonely on the flight, but landing in singapore felt like coming home, although i havent been here for 20 years it still smells the same and i felt completely relaxed by the time i got through customs.

made it to my hostel after a 2 hour scenic view of the island by the bus driver, so by the time i got to my room all i wanted to do was crash.

My cell doesnt work here so emails will have to do.

Today i'm planning on seeing the island a little then possibly Sentosa this afternoon.

Right... off for breakfast :)

CU

1 comment:

Squirk said...

Congratulations, you made it!

It's a pity the flights didn't work out -- it would have been nice to have a tour of the place by an ex-local -- but it sounds like you're getting on pretty well by yourself anyway :-)

(India was pretty awesome, and I only got sick once.)